One of the most common question parents ask when they call the office in the summertime is what their child should bring to ISTC! While everyone’s packing methods are different, here is a basic list that should fit every camper’s needs. Remember, you can always purchase some awesome ISTC gear from our online Canteen before camp starts!
We recommend that you label all your items:
- Comfortable clothing.
- Remember that ISTC is a sports camp, so clothing should be suited toward lots of physical activity.
- Jacket or sweatshirt. Perfect for cooler summer nights.
- Two pairs of sneakers- sneakers are required for most sports sessions and it’s always a good idea to have a backup!
- Bathing suit.
- It might be helpful to bring two bathing suits if you have them so you can always have a dry suit.
- Two towels- It’s best to have one towel for showering and one for swimming.
- Personal items: toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, shower gel, deodorant, etc.
- Rainwear. Just in case!
- Sunscreen. – It can get h-o-t HOT at ISTC in the summertime and sunburns are never fun!
- Bottom sheet. – Every camper has a single bed at camp and most prefer to cover the mattress with their own fitted sheet.
- Sleeping bag or blankets. – Bring whatever sleep gear you prefer! Most nights are mild but it can get chilly or hot in the summer, depending on the time of year.
- Pillow and pillow slip.
- Items to fit in with the rec theme (optional).
Every week at ISTC we have a different rec theme, and it’s always fun when campers bring costumes or props from home! See a list of this summers rec themes.
For the All Sports and IXTC programs, all required sports equipment is provided by ISTC (including water bottles).
For the Soccer program, campers should bring:
- Shin guards
- Soccer ball
- Mouth guard
Many campers also choose to bring battery-operated fans for their cabins. We ask that all fans be battery-operated because there are not enough outlets in the cabin for every camper, and we cannot guarantee your camper a bed near an outlet!
Please pack medications separately so they can be turned in to the Health Center.
You may pack in whatever suitcase or bag you think is best! Please keep in mind that there is an 18” clearance underneath each bed that suitcases must fit under.
For more packing ideas, check out our ISTC Packing List Pinterest board.
What Not to Bring
We recommend not bringing anything of value to camp. ISTC director Mark says “If you can’t dunk it in the lake, don’t bring it to camp.” Because ISTC cannot be responsible for articles that are lost, stolen, broken, or damaged, we suggest leaving your valuable items at home.
The following items are not permitted at camp:
- Cell phones or Internet-enabled devices.
- Food, drinks, or gum.
ISTC is situated in the woods of the Pocono Mountains, and there are wild animals all around us. Having any type of food or drink in the cabin will attract animals, and we don’t want any unexpected visitors creeping in!
If you follow this list, you should be packed in no time! Can’t wait to see you at ISTC!